Thursday, November 3, 2011

Nude by Richard Hearns



Something a little extra special for you today!

This piece which features in the video above is entitled 'Nude' and is a tribute after the American born artist Richard Schmid the music that accompanies is by the wonderful Irish group 'Kila'. I completed the painting a few days ago and just finished up editing this short video of its creation the day before yesterday.

It is always an enjoyable surprise and experience for me to see how I bring a painting together as during its creation I am hardly conscious of the processes I take but rather enveloped and immersed in solving problems of tone form and line etc one after another to unify the piece and express how I interpret the scene.

To see the finished piece and more of my figure painting please visit my RHA blog which features an ongoing diary of painting created from life at the Royal Hibernian Academy in Dublin.

Be sure to pop your email address in the subscribe feature on this blog to recieve near weekly updates.

For Purchasing information please contact, info@richardhearns.com

An oil painting demonstration by Irish Artist Richard Hearns.
This painting is a tribute to a painting by Richard Schmid.
Music by Kila.

See Finished piece below. - Richard